Monsuno are creatures created from essence that was delivered to Earth via meteors millions of years ago, and are the creatures the Monsuno show is based around.
They can only leave their Cores for eight minutes. By telling their Monsuno to "Return" they will go back into their Core.
Meteors fell to the planet. These meteors carried life in the form of powerful, chaotic, uncontrollable genetic material.
This was Monsuno; origins unknown, but catastrophically destructive to the planet’s prehistoric population. As the dinosaurs perished, the uninvited Monsuno essence fell instinctively dormant – and over millions of years, dropped deeper and deeper below the planet’s surface... until today.
When a potent energy source is discovered in the K-layers of the planet, scientist Jeredy Suno believes he’s struck a solution to the ever-mounting energy crisis. What he doesn’t know – this green energy source is a ticking time bomb. Watch as Chase Suno and his friends defeat the forces of evil. As Chase looks for his father he will find that Monsuno is more than meets the eye, and for him it's always time to SPIN IT OUT!!!!
Types of Monsuno and variations
There are a few different types of Monsuno, and Monsuno can also have many different variations.
There are different types of Monsuno. There are of course, the common/main Monsuno. However, some other special types of Monsuno are known to exist, with the Dino-Monsuno being an example. However, the special Monsuno types seem to only appear in Season 3.
Known special types of Monsuno
As for the Monsuno variations, they result from either clones of existing Monsuno, the Monsuno having power surges that enable them to perform certain attacks, the Monsuno fusing with another Monsuno or the Monsuno being infected by a virus or similar effect. The power surges or clones often mean certain parts of the Monsuno's body changing color, their whole body changing color or on some occasions, their body shape slightly changing. Sometimes a Monsuno's behaviour will change as well, especially if they are infected by a virus. But when fusions occur, the two Monsuno who have combined share each other's powers and features of their appearance.
There are some Monsuno variations that exist outside of the Monsuno show itself. These variations only appear in merchandise or trading cards, with Gold Lock being an example.
Known Monsuno variations
Manufacturers are the creators of Monsuno and their Cores. They have the proper machinery to process Monsuno Essence into active Cores. The Monsuno they develop are created with a faction; the faction of the manufacturer. These factions can result in the Monsuno's main set of colors. (E.g. the Monsuno developed by S.T.O.R.M. have a yellow and black coloration.)
There are five different known manufacturers:
List of known Monsuno and Controllers
- Chase Suno - One of the main protagonists.
- Lock - Chase's first Monsuno (hybrid of a polar bear, a gorilla, and a tiger).
- Evo - Chase's second Monsuno (hybrid of a swan and an eagle).
- Nitestone - Chase's third Monsuno (hybrid of a cat and jackal).
- Babeon - Chase's fourth Monsuno (hybrid of a baboon and a rat).
- Deepsix - Chase's fifth Monsuno (hybrid of a fish, a shark, and a tiger).
- Batteram - Chase's sixth Monsuno (hybrid of a ram and a buffalo).
- Bren - One of the main protagonists.
- Jinja - One of the main protagonists.
- Beyal - A supporting protagonist.
- Dax - A supporting protagonist.
- Commandant Marshall Charlemagne - Commandant of the STORM agency.
- Driftblade- Charlemagne's first Monsuno (an armored hybrid of a lion).
- Commander Trey - STORM's second-in-command general.
- Jon Ace - Jeredy's former assistant and a former member of STORM.
- Dr. Emmanuel Klipse - The show's primary antagonist.
- Backslash- Klipse's first Monsuno (hybrid of a wolf and a grizzly bear).
- Hargrave - Klipse's loyal butler.
- Medea - One of Klipse's spies, hired to hunt down Chase Suno.
- Drezz -